You may choose to live on or off campus.
- The University has a block of 2-bedroom apartments specifically reserved for veterans on a space-available basis
- These apartments are available to veterans year-round and can be paid for on a monthly basis
- You pay per-bedroom, meaning that you will have your own bedroom but will share common areas with a roommate. Veterans with dependents can rent the second bedroom for half-price.
- For veterans who qualify for 100% Post-9/11 GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Benefits, the university also provides a $3,000 grant (per year) to assist them with paying for these veteran-designated apartments.
- For veteran-specific housing information and questions, contact Eileen Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-443-2721.
- Visit the Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services for information on finding an apartment or house to rent
- http://occs.syr.edu/ or (315) 443-5489